Tuesday, March 11, 2008

San Diego take 2

Jamie and I are back from San Diego and we had a blast. I can truly see myself living there.
I got a little nauseas as we took off from Charlotte and the hard right the pilot made after takeoff didn’t help, but I sucked it up. Most people love direct flights, but I think it is too much for a pregnant woman. Everyone stared at me as I walked the aisle of shame to the bathroom the whole flight.

After we landed we called our hotel to come get us. The hotel took my breath away. It was by far the nicest hotel I have ever stayed at, well at least until I crawled into bed. I know the sheets I buy at home have a better thread count, but it was a free place to stay so I can’t complain.

The next morning we had to get up at 5:30 to be at the convention center in time for the 180 workout. The workout went great and when it was over Jamie took me to La Jolla to see the seals. I was like a little kid in a candy store, I was so excited to see the seals! They were so cute and I could have jumped in to play with them.

After the seals, Jamie took me to a beautiful beach just past the seals. The water is so different and pure…nothing like our beaches. We walked around for hours and we even found a Bridge Club. I didn’t think those truly existed. I know we see them in movies, but I thought it was something Hollywood made up. I wanted to run inside and have my picture taken with the old people, but Jamie wouldn’t let me.

After we walked forever we decided to head back to the convention center so Jamie could help out. On our way back Jamie found his favorite fish taco restaurant and we had to stop. The fish taco was ok, but not what he made it out to be.

When we got back to the convention center I started getting sick so we left and went to the hotel. I took my miracle medicine the doctor gave me and off to sleep I went. Jamie woke me up later that night so I could get ready for dinner. I had all intentions of getting all dolled up, but at that point I didn’t care. I brushed my teeth, combed my hair, threw on Jamie’s jacket and off we went to a very expensive Italian restaurant.

Dinner was good, but since I can’t eat Italian food without getting sick, all I got was a side order of green beans and some potatoes.

The next morning we got up, Jamie went to the 180 workout and I packed us up. We left for the airport because his aunt Jennifer & uncle Joel were flying into the airport and we wanted to see them. It's funny how they live in Charlotte and we never see them, but we go to CA and we do. We almost missed them. They were at baggage and we were at our terminal so we waived to each other from one floor to the next while talking to them on the phone.

Since Jamie was upgraded to first class he let me have his seat while he sat in the back with the common passengers. All in all we had a great time and I can’t wait to take baby Gay and Cooper to California.

1 comment:

Aunt Jen said...

You are too cute! Love the pregnant glow! Miss you girl - can't wait to rub that belly this weekend. HUGS! Aunt Jen